History under the dust, BEST revitalisation!
It started as a gloomy nightmare...
All was grey, dirty, sad and ugly.
Buildings - like ghosts - were waiting for their prey...
Walking in the streets would cause a terrible depression...
But then, the REVOLUTION came.
Grey changed into red, blue and green!
Old bricks were put together again!
REVITALISED buildings regained their beauty and might!
People crowded into the streets to witness the change!
Do YOU want to see the outcome?
Do YOU want to know this story better?
Do YOU want to learn about REVITALISATION from this example?
Check it out yourself while discovering the history hidden under dust in the company of the BEST girls and boys from LBG Lodz.
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Explaining and exploring the crucial role of revitalisation in the city. Introducing the technology behind the process of transforming old, forgotten and ruined buildings into lively, modern ones. During these days participants will see how to use the potential and rich heritage of old buildings in order to uncover history hidden under dust. Last day all the participants will be obliged to pass the exam (test/presentation) covering the material used by lecturers during the course. Each student who passes this test will receive the official certificate with the University's stamp. Moreover, after the course students will be able to obtain ECTS points at their Universities.
- Examination type:
- Test or presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest on topic, motivation letter and your answers.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 2 person rooms in students' dorms.
- Three meals per day, at least one warm.
- Public transportation, buses.