House of Stars: an epic journey around our home
Have you ever looked at the sky wondering what secrets it hides?
Do you remember when you were saying that you want to become an astronaut ?
Now we offer you the chance to understand all of this, and much more
We'll give you a ticket for an epic journey around our home, our own galaxy: the Milky Way!
We will also give some basic knowledge of rocket science, space systems and how the human body reacts in the space environment... how awesome is that?
All of this, within the frame of the nightsky of the ETERNAL CITY of ROME!
Youll spend 9 days in the craddle of European civilization hosted by the University that contributed in the design and development of VEGA Launcher used by ESA on many missions.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- celestial body mechanics, space missions, space systems, aerospace history, biology of the human body, effects of radiation.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- An introduction to Space and the Space Industry Course in Astrodynamics Space Systems. Overview of Space Launchers: V.E.G.A. Space Missions: Cassini Mission. Notions about how the human body reacts in microgravity, studying how many radiations affect the astronauts in the space.
- Examination type:
- Case Study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letters
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals per day, at least 1 hot
- public transportation