FuTurin: Imagine the city of tomorrow
Since the industrial revolution of the XIX century, the cities of the world have seen a dramatic increase in population and infrastructures. This growth still hasn’t stopped so the engineers of today have to face the challenge of giving an habitable home to the millions of people that live in every metropolitan area around the world.
During the two weeks in Torino, the beautiful first Italian capital surrounded by the Alps, we will analyze the problems related to the over-crowded metropolitan areas and look at the examples of innovations that around the world are tackling these problems. At the end of the course you will be able to watch critically the city’s context and elaborate concrete solutions through a practical project with one of the leading companies in the field of city’s innovation.
But that’s not all: in the two weeks together you will get fully immersed in the Italian culture!
During the week, you will discover all the secrets and mysteries of our city, you will enjoy the typical chocolate and the regional wine in one of the city center’s elegant squares and learn more about the city where Italy was born.
Instead during the two week ends, we will take a break in the amazing mountains that surround Torino, where you will have the opportunity to taste the delights that our country, and especially our region, have to offer!
What are you waiting for? Book your flight and come to the city where innovation and tradition mix themselves in a breathtaking bowl created by the Alps!
- Fields of activity:
- Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Materials Engineering , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Starting from the city of Torino, we will analyze the criticalities of the modern cities and look at how in our city and in the others,problems were solved. During the days, thanks to lectures with professors from the Politecnico di Torino, company visits and workshops with related companies and student associations, we will go deep into the solutions adopted in order to make a city as smart as possible, gaining the knowledge in order to contribute personally to this process.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understand what are the problems related to modern cities and how to solve them in a smart way. Live a process of problem-analysis and problem-solving helped by the illustration of winning examples. Be part of an international and intercultural working team with the goal to find a solution to an actual problem.
- Examination type:
- Project or practical team work.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, true interest in the topic, and answers to the questions. Studies in a field relevant to the subject of the course are appreciated.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals per day, at least one of them cooked; all provided by organizers at hostels, canteen, restaurants, etc.
- Public transportation provided by organizers and walk.