Energy Transition - Don't be Fuelish!
Life has many challenges like getting out of bed, making the right decisions and maybe the biggest of them all: the Energy Transition. Nations keep developing and our hunger for energy has reached unprecedented levels. The environmental impact of fossil fuels is huge and the rise of cleaner and renewable energy is necessary.
Are you able to realize a sustainable transition at the lowest possible cost without compromising the system’s reliability? Then join our Summer Course in our lovely city of Leuven, Belgium!
Between the 6th and 15th of July, you’ll get the chance to explore a lot of emerging technologies through lectures, company visits and workshops, to solve the technical, economical and ethical issues the energy system is facing.
Besides that, you’ll have the chance to experience Leuven’s cosy charm, its delicious waffles and of course its excellent beers at the ‘longest bar in Europe‘! Even better, given Belgium’s limited dimensions, we’ll have the chance to explore some of the prettiest other cities in the country to give you the full Belgian experience.
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Energy issue (affordable, reliable, sustainable) / Electric power sector / Energy policy and markets / Sustainable Development Goals / Emerging technologies
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Creating awareness of the energy issue / Getting to know how the energy sector transitions towards the future
- Examination type:
- Written examination / Project work / Case study
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on the Motivational Letter and answers on the questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals a day, of which at least one is hot (cooked)
- Mainly bikes