CAD Wars: The last 3D Printer
A long time ago in a galaxy far,
It is a period of CAD war.
Rebel printers, striking
from a hidden base, have won
their first victory against
the evil CADactic Empire.
During the battle, Rebel
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire's
ultimate weapon, the DEATH
UNPRINTER, an armored space
station with enough power to
unprint an entire planet.
Now, you will have the
opportunity to create your
own and improved
Millenium Falcon to save the galaxy,
Hurry up! The galaxy is waiting for you!!!!
The aim of this course is to introduce participants in the computer aided design (CAD) and 3D print methods. You will be given some theoretical lessons in the field of design to understand the 3D print world before creating your own material, are you curious about it?
But there’s even more! In the unlikely case that you are not already writing your letter, maybe is because you are missing something all this will take place in MADRID!!! This beautiful city is the perfect place to try our world famous sangría, go for a tapas crawling or taking a siesta in the Retiro.
You will have the opportunity to live the BEST summer experience under Madrid’s blue sky, with the BEST people, the BEST adventures and the BEST spirit you have never felt before.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Basic knowledge on mechanical engineering.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students will gain knowledge in designing and 3D printing technologies through lectures and practical tasks. They will be taught the history and process of designing and how people is using computer-aided design nowadays in several fields, also they will comprehend the different applications and why is used a specific material for each application.
- Examination type:
- Presentation or final project
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the proposed questions. Aiming for 50%-50% male-female distribution and trying to have a variety of nationalities.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth hostel in the city center of Madrid and youth hostel during the weekend trip.
- Three meals per day (at least one hot) at University and hostel's canteen.
- Bus, train and subway.