Energy is Greener, Under the Sea (Level)!
A charming town bearing a considerable resemblance to the city of
Amsterdam, but without all the crazy hustle. That is Delft. Despite being
labeled as a relatively calm and quiet, you will come across more than a
handful of inviting unique pubs, bars, and cozy cafes here. Wanna see more?
Jump on a bike and within a short ride you can reach some of the bigger cities
in the area (Rotterdam, Den Haag) or even the beach. And let’s not forget
about the university - TU Delft ranks as one of the best universities of
technology in the world! That is why the BEST Delft in cooperation with the
university staff invites every year around 20 enthusiastic students from all
over Europe to join their Course and also to experience the perks of
student life in Delft. The current trend in technology is sustainable energy.
And in Delft, we make sure to keep up with the course of innovation.
Therefore, this year we invite you to experience the excitement of learning
about renewable energy technology. Come discover how The Netherlands
uses eolic energy to keep their land afloat, how circular energy powers a
nation and the innovative technology TU Delft has developed to maintain a
sustainable society. We can promise you an enthusiastic teaching staff,
exciting academic program, and friendly organisers with the BEST cultural
and social program!
- Fields of activity:
- Conservation-Restoration , Environmental Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Renewable energies and sustainability
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Getting students acquainted with the different types of renewable energies and their impact on building a sustainable society.
- Examination type:
- Presentation or written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- 1.0 (Credits being accepted depend on home university)
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on the Motivational Letter and answers to questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Scouting House
- 3 meals per day, at least one hot meal per day
- Bikes, trains, tram, bus.