Step in and spin your mind - Introduction to new absorption technology
As you probably know, absorption is present in almost every type of industry. Specific requirements of each industrial branch result in vast diversity between different types and operational modes of absorption processes. In this course, a team of professionals will explain to you the basics of a new, promising technology, which is absorption with the use of rotating packed beds (RPBs). It can be used to absorb carbon dioxide from flue gases, or replace already existing solutions, which may lead to intensification of any gas absorption process. Please note that during the event, a trial version of Ansys might be used. Please make sure that you can run it on your computer.
In these trying times, when everything seems to be closed or restricted, we will bring novelty back into your lives, regardless of the pandemic situation! After classes, you will have an opportunity to take part in social activities, where you can meet international students and foreign cultures, improve your English skills, and explore the rather unknown, but wonderful city of Lodz. Just apply and spin your mind with us.
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology
- Content and topics:
- During the course, the basics of the new technology of rotating packed bed absorbers will be introduced. Participants will learn about absorption, fluid mechanics, and safety issues specific to the technology. Additionally, computational fluid dynamics simulations will be implemented to explain performance and characteristics of the apparatus.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- After completing the course, participants will have basic knowledge in fluid mechanics and absorption processes, and will be able to perform RPB absorber simulations in Ansys Fluent. They will be familiar with structure, performance and characteristics of RPB absorbers and will also be aware of safety issues regarding gas absorption processes.
- Examination type:
- Written Exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter, answers to questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee: