Additive Manufacturing: 3D Print the World
From robotics to manufacturing and materials engineering, Additive Manufacturing has redefined the way in which we approach problems in research or industry.
Additive Manufacturing, also known as "3D printing", is one of the leading trends of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. It enables conceptualization and flexible fabrication, it is currently moving away from being just a highly hyped object of hobby and minor research. It is becoming an increasingly exciting and relevant object of research in all engineering and technological fields for students, researchers and industry specialists alike.
We at BEST Erlangen in collaboration with Collaborative Research Center CRC814 have put together a fascinating BEST Course in Autumn for you to learn the magic of additive manufacturing in more detail.
Whether you see 3D printing as a future career path or just as a hobby, Franconia awaits you! Erlangen is not only the base for CRC814 but also the home of one of the oldest beer festivals in Germany. Furthermore, we have the highest density of breweries in the world, amazing lakes, and beautiful hills.
Come to Erlangen and discover with us the future of additive manufacturing while enjoying Franconian food, beers and German Culture. Join us in visiting 3D printing firms in the region and Exploring the beautiful city of Nürnberg with fellow participants.
- Fields of activity:
- Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Lectures, Presentations, Talks, Company visits, and practical sessions in Additive manufacturing arranged in association with Collaborative Research Centre 814, FAU Erlangen.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give an Introduction to the student in Additive Manufacturing, especially the powder-based methods and discuss the current Hot Topics in research.
- Examination type:
- Oral presentation or Final written test
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter, relevant courses attended and answers to questions. Show us your interest, spirit and creativity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will be hosted in a guesthouse arranged by the Local BEST Group
- Three meals a day, At least a warm meal every day - Homemade cooked food (with love)
- Public transportation, walking, and Private transport arranged by the Local BEST Group. Transportation will be free of charge for the participants during the event.