LEGO robots - limited only by your imagination
Take 5 kg and 1 kg of mechanical engineering and electronic engineering respectively. Chop mechanical engineering and slice electronic engineering. Mix together. Add some controls engineering and season a bit with programming. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring continuously. Mhmhm... awesome. What's this? MECHATRONICS!
In Krakow you will get a great opportunity to find out what mechatronics is and to create your own mechatronic masterpiece - a robot, using LEGO Mindstorms. You will experience how huge is a role of brilliant idea in designing mechatronic devices. Impossible is nothing when imagination is limitless.
And we offer you much more than science. 2 weeks in a marvelous city which never sleeps. A lot of attractions, worth-seeing monuments, numerous pubs and disco are waiting for you! Good fun is guaranteed. So are you ready for your BEST summer??
- Content and topics:
Theoretical part: Introduction to mechatronics and robotics.
Practical part: How to create a mechatronic device - robot, using LEGO Mindstorms (mechanical part, electronic part, control part and programming). Virtual prototyping.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To introduce participants to the complex process of designing mechatronic devices and to develop team-working skills.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the specific questions in application form
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory
- 3 meals a day provided by student canteen, restaurant and food prepared by organisers, don't be scared only by people with cooking abilities;)
- Public means of transport, coach and sometimes we'll have to use our feet;)