It's a kind of magic - Use your hands, do miracles! - ceramics in use.
Leave all the technologies and go inside a time machine with us. One more thing. You cannot be afraid of getting a little bit dirty. Put your hands in the clay and create, form your ideas and bring them to life!
Leave a relic of the future in the city full of relics of the past. Give a fresh and crazy breath to our students city. Build and decorate a place for you, me and all the others. What will it be? Who knows ;)
And in the evening? PARTY! It's a great chance to spend 2 weeks in the city which never sleeps. Make a summer slalom between monuments, clubs, museums and discos! We guarantee a lot of attractions but will you take up a challenge?
- Fields of activity:
- Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Theoretical part: Introduction to ceramics and materials science. Practical part: How to create a ceramic decoration from clay to tile (going through the whole process from digging the materials, preparations, grinding, mixing, forming, drying to burning and decorating).
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To introduce participants to the complex process of creating ceramics and to develop team-working skills.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the specific questions in application form
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Beautiful student dormitory :)
- 3 meals a day provided by student canteen, restaurant and food prepared by organisers, don't be scared only by people with cooking abilities;)
- Public means of transport, coach and sometimes we'll have to use our feet;)