Urban Invaders - where to put what.
Urban areas are packed with people, and resources are scarce. Everybody pushes their own interests, and social conflicts arise. Do YOU know where to put what? Want to dive into the complex world of managing regional land-use? Do you want to know more about requirements of settlement development, traffic planning and recreation areas? Let's take the interdisciplinary challenge! Learn to create a qualitative environment which is economically effective, ecologically sustainable and socially balanced!
But we ask more of you than just attending the course. We want you to discover the adorable city of Vienna and make friends with your fellows at crazy parties. We will invade your heart with waltz and wine, and make you climb our luscious mountains on the weekend trip. So, are you up to that challenge? To get better.. to get BEST! Amaze us with your unique personality!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Spatial planning, traffic management
- Learning goals and objectives:
- 1) To understand how spatial planning and traffic management influences our lifes and what is important when planning the traffic system and the infrastructure of a city. 2) Modeling and "Visioneering" of spatial planing and traffic of Europe of the future.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of team work
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will select our participants on the basis of their motivation letters, keeping an eye on the distribution of gender and origin.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will sleep in a wheelchair-accessible hostel in the beautiful centre of Vienna. And probably a hut or camp on our weekend trip.
- Breakfast, hot lunch and dinner ;-) sometimes lunch packs (e.g. city rally and hiking)
- Public transport, walking