Green Inside: where production meets sustainability
Do you agree that the best type of energy is the energy we save? Are you aware that the industries are the world's largest energy consumers? Are you concerned about the huge impact industries have on our environment? Have you ever wondered how the industries can reduce their energy consumption and by doing so saving valuable natural resources for the planet?
If the word YES came to your mind so loud that you can still hear an echo, then Turin is the place where you need to be this autumn. We are going inside the industries to see what are they doing in terms of energy saving and energy management as they move towards the goal of being environmentally sustainable. You'll have a tour inside FIAT, Italy's most emblematic car manufacturer, you'll spend a weekend in a zero-emission WINE FARM powered by renewable sources (UNIQUE IN EUROPE), you'll see the latest techniques on energy saving buildings, you'll have lessons with the best teachers on the field.
What about the after-lessons?! We invite you to come and explore the atmosphere and the crazy parties of the 2010 European Youth Capital, taste the most famous Italian wines from the Piedmont region, explore the architecture, castles and museums of Italy's first capital city, feel the thrill of an ENIGMA CRAWLING, discover the mysteries of the city during the YELLOW TURIN night, rock the whole night on the live-concert of our exclusive bands THE BEST BROTHERS and LES MASQUES, drink and sing while being part of our THEME CANTUS, be part of our IMBUTO tradition. TURIN is this and much more... we are waiting for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Environmental Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Energy system management, energy recycling, production systems based on renewable energies, efficiency on power grids, industrial automation, energy efficiency on transportation, energy efficiency on buildings.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- You will be given seminars on the energy saving strategies used by industries in the elaboration of their products and you will have to opportunity to visit several renowned italian industries to see how these strategies are implemented on the field.
- Examination type:
- Written report.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals a day, at least one HOT
- Public transportation provided by orgaNICErs!!