Surviving the aggressions, designing the Super Building in Sicily
"Surviving the aggressions: designing the Super Building in Sicily" is the BEST way to learn more about construction materials.
During the event you will attend the laboratories of "concrete and monitoring techniques" and "building diagnostic" and everything will be under the sunny sky of Sicily, you can learn how to see and how to check damage in building.
After course you will have basic knowledge about how to design a real "Super Building", strong against materials aggressions and dynamic against earthquake movements.
Do you want to have a great preparation concerned with materials field and construction?
Join us in this beautiful course and don't miss the chance to visit our beautiful land surrounded by the beautiful hot Mediterranean sea, walking through the ancient and charming streets of Taormina, climbing the Etna Volcano, trying our "imbuto" and "limoncello", eating a delicious "gelato", drinking the BEST "espresso", burning under Sicilian sun.
As you can read it will be the BEST hot Autumn Course of the year and you have so many reasons why you should come to HOT Sicily.
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You'll know how concrete structures can survive from environmental aggression and quake shacking.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course wants to show how the development and the use of materials in the field of civil engineering can bring to a new idea of building
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The participants will be selected by their interest about the topic of the course and their motivation.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitory.
- University canteen and provided by organizers.3 meals, at least one hot meal a day.
- Public transport and private cars according to the needs.