European BEST Engineering Competition (EBEC)
European BEST Engineering Competition (EBEC) gathers the top engineering students of Europe, the winners from local, national and regional engineering competitions organised by Local BEST Groups during 2009/2010 academic year.
5000 participants joined Local BEST Engineering Competitions at their home universities. The winners of those rounds had opportunity to compete on national or regional levels. Winners of these rounds got opportunity to go to the final round in Cluj-Napoca, Romania and to compete with teams from whole Europe.
In total, 104 finalists will be present at EBEC competing in two categories in parallel: Team Design and Case Study. Participants will work in teams and will use their technical and soft skills knowledge as well cultural awareness and personal creativity.
Only students, who represent one of the winning teams of National or Regional BEST Engineering Competition can apply.
When applying instead of motivation letter write winner of which National or Regional BEST Engineering competition you are.
- Content and topics:
- Competitions in 2 categories: 6 days one Team Building/ Opening Day one Closind day one free day The task and topics of the competition will be presented in the beginning of the event.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- As the participants of EBEC will get their tasks and will have to produce brilliant ideas in order to win the competition. Moreover the event will let the students to discover Europe, by learning from each other about traditions, economical problems or school systems. The event is focused on practical work rather then pure theory. Therefore, on a short term, the participants will get to know better different working environments, learn more about team work and have the possibility to apply in Team Designs and Case Studies the knowledge that they have gained during their studies
- Examination type:
- Presentation of the solution each team created for the given task
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Winning of previous National or Regional rounds
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students dormitory
- 3 meals per day