Honey, I shrunk the materials! - Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
Nanotechnology is a multidisciplinary science where engineers from different fields: materials, mechanic, electrical and medical, work together with biologists, physicists and chemists. The union of these different fields of study is due to the necessity of sharing knowledge about tools and techniques, as well as expert knowledge in atomic and molecular interactions in this new scientific boundary.
If you want to get more involved in the world of nanotechnology and at the same time, enjoy and learn about the portuguese culture, BEST Summer Course Almada is the place for you! Let's have fun, stretch out in the sun, meet new people and learn a lot more about nanotechnology!
- Content and topics:
- -Introduction to Nanotechnologies -Thin films fabrication systems -Production of Nanoporouse Silicon -Nanostructured liquid-crystals -Production and characterization of Nanofibers -Nanostructured polymers -Nanomotors -Production and characterizations of piezoelectric Nanomaterials -Nanoparticles -DNA detection -Nanoelectrónics -Transparent transistors
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The topics of the course are indicated below. They intend to give a generic background on the nanomaterials and on the nanotechnologies used to produced and characterize those nanomaterials and nanodevices.
- Examination type:
- Each student will perform a presentation on the subject.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter. We will try to keep the 50%-50% gender distribution, as well as good nationality diversity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- We will be staying at the University's Students dorm. During the weekend we will "camp" in a gym so don't forget your sleeping bags!
- The meals will either be at the Faculty's Canteen or provided by the organizers.
- All the transportation in the SC activities will be provided by the organizers.