I milked a cow and I liked it!
Ever wondered where all that delicious milk and the products that are made from it come from? Possibly even how they're made? No matter the answer you provide, knowing all this is awesome and we guarantee that your learning will be super fun as well, so don't hesitate to apply to our course!
We will also take you on an amazing trip through Slovenia and beside great nature, beautiful cities and stunning surroundings you will visit farms and processing factories, laboratories and fields where you will have a chance to get an even more in depth knowledge on the topic.
Don't miss the amazing chance to be a part of our BEST course! Experience our crazy spirit, Slovenian culture and at the end become a little unique expert on this thematic field!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Food Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- - The process behind getting milk from cows. - The Collection and transportation of milk from the farms to the factories. - Treatment of milk and the process of checking it's quality for further use . - The steps in the production of specific dairy products (cheese, yogurt, pasteurized milk, etc).
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - Learning the basic techniques of acquiring milk from cows. - Understanding the the process behind probiotic yogurts. - Getting to know all the ways that professionals use to produce the dairy products we all use and love.
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and interest in the topic, application questions, crazy spirit! :)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students dormitory.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot. Coffee breaks provided by the organizers.
- On foot, public transportation.