You're simply the TASTE!
Did you know that apples are better than caffeine to keep you awake in the morning?
Did you know that with two forks and an electric current, a pickle can light up?
Did you know that bananas, apples and potatoes all have the same taste? The only difference between them is their scent!
Did you know that peanuts are not nuts but legumes?
If you are interested in discovering more facts about nourishment, if you are that kind of person who worries about the origin of the food we ingest every day or if you are a gastronomy lover and you havent tasted the Spanish one yet THIS COURSE IS MADE FOR YOU.
We are proud to invite you to the amazing city of Valladolid, the city of baby lamb and the best wine region par excellence. Here you will learn how arable land is worked from the primary sector, passing through the process that is carried out in the food industry, ending with the tertiary sector of commerce and distribution. You will have the chance to see the facilities used and the requirements that have to be fulfilled to be able to hit the market. Besides, you will discover when the best time to gather grapes is, how grape harvest is still made in a traditional way or how big enterprises process and bottle the wine.
But that is not everything, you will be able to enjoy tourism in Spain, with its sunny and warm days, our big and famous parties, our tradition and our tourist points like Campo Grande, Plaza Mayor, Plaza España, la Academia de Caballería, la Catedral
Local BEST Group Valladolid is waiting for you with open arms so you can enjoy this amazing experience, where you will acquire technical knowledge about food industry and experiences with students from across Europe.
Dont wait to be told incredible stories of the amazing Spanish spirit, just come and discover it with your own eyes. Send us your motivation letter, be original, funny and make us choose you for this awesome course. Dont waste this big chance to discover EVERYTHING about Spanish gastronomy. It doesnt matter your specialism, this course is FOR YOU.
Do you want to know how heaven taste looks like?
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geodesy , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Maritime Management , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- agro-food and enologic processing
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn about the agrarian, industrial and economic-commercial process which nourishment is subjected to since cultivation until their subsequent sale. Get to understand the 3 sectors: primary, secondary and tertiary sector in agri-food, enologic, brewing engineering. Know the food sector deeply, nowadays very developed and eminently in progress in Castilla y León. Discover how to develop the new technologies in our countries so we can improve significantly the quality of our food.
- Examination type:
- Project or practical work, case study and show active participation during lectures.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the questions and being an open minded and social person, interested in the topic and with a lot of spirit to TASTE the BEST course ever done!! :D
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel with swimming pool
- Hostel and university canteens. At least one hot meal per day
- By bus and walking