Welcome to SMARTcelona!
Do you want to get involved in the future of your city? Do you have innovative ideas for making our lives better?
Welcome on board this course where you will discover how urban lives will change in the upcoming years.
Join us and learn about it in Barcelona!
The tools for the future development of the cities of the world will be in your hands. How are experts proposing and implementing changes on public infrastructure (such as smart electrical grids and efficient public transport networks) to make cities more efficient? What is the technology behind the reduction of the energetic impact of our buildings? How is it even possible to have zero-energy buildings? How will we overcome the ever-growing air pollution?
We are looking for open-minded, talented heroes who create the city models that will improve our living standards in the short-, medium- and even long-term. If you feel like you could be this hero who is always seeking for and proposing new ideas, don't hesitate to start writing away your Motivation Letter!
We want to give you the opportunity to learn about all of it in the BEST possible way! You will have the chance to live Barcelona, meet lots of people and share culture, traditions, music and games to make this trip unforgettable!
Don't be shy, just apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Civil Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Power Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Welcome to SMARTcelona! During the course we will focus on five different aspects of Smart Cities: 1. City models 2. Smart Grids 3. Energy-efficient buildings 4. Innovative smart technologies 5. Mobility
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main objective of the course is to give a broad overview of the different branches of Smart Cities in order to make participants able to propose innovative ideas in this field.
- Examination type:
- Final presentation about a proposed Case Study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter and the answers of the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel during the course and 'masia' during the weekend trip (catalan name for typical house on the countryside).
- Organisers will prepare lovely meals for the participants. Participants will have at least 1 hot meal per day.
- During the course: Mainly public transport During the weekend trip: We normally book a bus which takes participants from the meeting point to the weekend trip house usually more or less around 18 PM on the arrival day. (More specific information will be provided in the Survival Guide) We recommend participants to take the bus, in case it doesn't involves any extra-expenses, because it is a good way to get to know other participants and organisers. In case you arrive later on the arrival day, we will appreciate if you could tell us as soon as possible so that we can find easier an organiser who can bring you to the weekend trip house with the other participants.