Breaking Good: designing the pharmaceuticals of tomorrow
Do you want to become the Walter White of modern medicine? Now you have the chance to learn how the next generation of pharmaceuticals will be designed through nanotechnology. With us, you will get a general understanding on how nanotechnology can be used to make new effective medicine and save human lives!
But this is not all. Come to Denmark this summer and experience the Danish lifestyle! With us, you will get to discover why Danes are the happiest people in the world and enjoy the beautiful city of Copenhagen. At the same time, you will get to experience famous castles, wonderful nightlife and feel the wind swirling your hair while you ride a bike in a street full of cyclists. Tempting?
Apply now and plan on bringing a helmet with horns with you, because you are going to become a (good) viking this Summer!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Materials Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Pharmacy
- Content and topics:
- Students will get some knowledge about pharmaceutical sciences, medicinal chemistry, drug delivery, nanoparticles and nanotechnology
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The participants will get some basic understanding about how nanotechnology can be used in modern medicine. They will learn about drug development and delivery and how engineering can be used to improve the medicine of today
- Examination type:
- Case study or presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to questions, interest in the topic and background
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Cosy cabin
- Three meals per day, at least one of them hot
- Public transport, on foot and if possible on bikes