There is no PLANet B
Did you know that climate affects people and people affect climate?
Several human activities that happen every single day, diminish the resources of the earth and for that reason people have started to seek solutions in order to reuse some of these resources. That’s why the field of circular economy has entered our lives and tries to teach us how to Recycle, Reuse and Reduce (the 3R philosophy) in spite of throwing away solid waste to landfills, which causes the production of biogas, that is a greenhouse gas. Furthermore, people have found a way, with the use of satellites, to predict many of the extreme phenomena that are yet to come, such as floods, coastal erosions etc.
It's scientifically proven that in a few years we'll all become observers of an even bigger climate crisis, but if we aren't properly informed about the problems and the solutions, how can we save the planet?
Do people have the ability and the will to be more environmentally friendly?
Are you willing to learn more about the topics above? If the answer is yes, we are waiting for you to apply to our online course!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Physics/Physics Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering
- Content and topics:
- environmental sustainability, climate change, waste management, circular economy (carbon footprint), satellite data (land-use change), forest fires, biogas management.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- In this online course, participants will learn about climate change and innovative green solutions, such as the policy of the circular economy, waste management and alternative energy sources. They will also be introduced on how to handle satellite data through specialised platforms/programs.
- Examination type:
- written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on Motivational letter and the answers to Custom questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee: