Formula HP: Computer Vision on Wheels!
Are you ready to dive headfirst into the world of computer vision and AI? Join forces with HP, e-Tech Racing and Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) to solve the real-world problems found in driverless racing!
But first, what is computer vision? Computer vision is a field of artificial intelligence (AI) that enables computers and systems to derive meaningful information from digital images, videos and other visual inputs — and take actions based on that information. If AI enables computers to think, computer vision enables them to see, observe and understand the world around them, just like humans do!
In this course you’ll have the opportunity to learn about computer vision and project management techniques used by HP, to then put everything into practice in order to solve a real problem about driverless racing. The Formula Student organization e-Tech Racing is asking you for help in order to convert their racing car into a true driverless car, are you up to the challenge?
This will be a course full of new and amazing experiences with students all around Europe, in a way you have never seen before. So ready your engines, crack your knuckles, and prepare yourself for the experience of a lifetime!
- Fields of activity:
- Automotive Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Logistics , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- In this course participants will gain extensive knowledge about Computer Vision and AI, while learning AGILE Project Management methodologies used by HP in order to solve a challenge related to driverless racing.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- At the end of the course, participants will have an overview of the technology behind Computer Vision and the Project Management techniques used by HP, such as AGILE.
- Examination type:
- Presentation, Project
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter, Interest in the academic topics, Answers to questions, Interest in the social part of the course
All of the following are covered by the event fee: