Slice of Future: Czech out Mysteries of 3D Printing
3D printing is the coolest thing since sliced bread. It's like having a tiny factory in your own home!
Everyone knows about this amazing technology, but what are the secrets behind it? Let's uncover them together. During our course you will learn about principles of additive technologies, how the 3D printers work and mainly how to design and prepare the object for printing.
However, 3D printing is not just about printing your new toys, decorations or new knob for mom's cupboard. The real benefits are in technical engineering. We will show you how additive technologies are changing the process of prototyping and what are the modern trends in automotive, aerospace, or medical applications by visiting university and company laboratories.
You will learn all about 3D printing in the city, which has been voted the most beautiful city in the world. You will explore the city of Awesome Prague, its unique historical atmosphere, and pulsating nightlife. Moreover, you will spend a wonderful weekend trip in the Czech nature. And you won’t be alone in this. All of this not only with us, the organizers from Awesome Prague, but mainly with other 20 participants from all over Europe!
But DO NOT worry, we are preparing much more for you, from city rallies to the most incredible and crazy parties. Our goal is to make the most unforgettable memories for you!
Come and Czech out this 'Addictive' Manufacturing.
Apply for the event!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Additive manufacturing: - History of 3D printing; - Printing methods and their applications; - Non-metallic and metallic materials; - Design, preparation and postprocessing of components; - Special applications and modern trends in the industry.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- After completing this course, you will be able to: - Understand the principles of additive manufacturing technologies and the differences in process; - Recognize the types of 3D printers and materials used in 3D printing; - Design component suitable for 3D printing method; - Prepare component for 3D printing; - Describe specific applications and modern solutions of 3D printing in the industry.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the required questions. Show us your creativity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Dormitory or hostel near the university
- Three meals a day, at least one served hot, cooked by the organizers or school canteen
- Public transport, tickets provided by organizers, bus or train to the weekend trip location