Audio Wizards: Transmuting Sound into Pure Magic
"Music: the only language that needs no translation."
This Music and Audio Processing course introduces students to the fundamentals of digital signal processing as applied to music. The course introduces concepts that can be used to manipulate and process musical signals. YOU ALL in the course will learn how to use software tools e.g. Python to analyze and manipulate digital audio signals, and will work on exercises that involve implementing and testing various signal processing techniques on music data. The course covers related topics such as music synthesis and audio effects processing. Overall, this course aims to provide students with a strong foundation in the theory and practical applications for music processing.
We at BEST Erlangen in collaboration with Fraunhofer International Audio Labs, founders/home of MP3, have put together a fascinating BEST Course in Autumn for you to learn the magic of music. Visit our lovely state of Bavaria, home of the Oktoberfest.
Whether you see yourself as a DJ or a music researcher, Franconia awaits you with great food, Franconian beers, German and Indian Culture! Erlangen is home to one of the oldest beer festivals in Germany. Furthermore, we have the highest density of breweries in the world, amazing lakes, and beautiful hills. To sum it all up:
""You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
Cuz this opportunity comes once in a lifetime.""
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Lectures, Presentations, Guest Lectures, Company visit, tutorials.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give an Introduction in the domain of Music and Audio Signal Processing. Objectives - Gain insight into the field of Audio Processing and use Python as a tool to analyse audio signals
- Examination type:
- Multiple Choice Questions or presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter: Tell us more about your motivation to apply for this course and the subjects that you have already studied in your degree program/any relevant exposure. State in a couple of sentences: What inspired you to choose Audio Signal Processing as a course of study?
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will be hosted in a Jugendhaus (Youth Hostel) booked by the LBG
- Three meals a day, At least a warm meal every day - Homemade cooked food (made with love and spice)
- Public transportation, walking, Private transport Arranged by the LBG.