Power rEvolution: Tech & Energy Solutions of the Future
Power: one word, multiple aspects, even more appliances.
Lessons, team works and visits will guide you through many interesting technological applications of the fascinating world of energy. Starting from the oldest power plants to the latest nuclear developments, this course will give you the tools to understand why and how power is evolving, revolutionizing our society and how it should be managed.
So do you need an energy-boost? Get ready to be refuelled by 11 crazy days in the hot, beautiful, ancient, funny Eternal City. If you want to discover why we?re known all over the world as the BEST cookers, party-animals, lovers (...) and orgaNICErs, don?t be shy and apply!
- Content and topics:
- Introducion on the most common and used kind of energy (gas, oil, coal); insight on renovable energies and their technology (e.g. solar, eolic); new approaches to nuclear power, from fission to fusion; analysis and management of the various energy sources exponed. The contents of lectures will be both theorical and practical. Participants will visit sites and plants related to the topics.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Provide a general overview of the energy worldwide development; analyzing advatages and disadvantages of the mentioned energy sources; practical approach to management of a power plant. Be aware of the various existing power sources and be able to critically analize the pros and cons of each of them.
- Examination type:
- Practical assignment and multiple choice questionary
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitories or hostel near the University
- University canteen, tipical restaurants
- Public transportation or organizers' cars