Everybody loves alcohol, its taste , effect, and ideas after drinking... This summer 20 lucky participants will have chance to dive deeper into the magic world of this mystic mixture. They will get the forbidden knowledge of making liqueurs, brewing tasteful beer, preparing colorful drinks! We will show you BEST ways to avoid hangover! Participants will see the professional method of producing vodka and beer in famous polish companies. Our teachers will explain how C2H5OH works in your organism and present you whole history of alcohol. Can you miss it ? We don't think so...
- Content and topics:
- - lectures on chemistry of alcohol, reactions, other ways to use it - practical exercises in laboratory - lectures about reactions in human organism, toxicity and good influence on health - production of beer, wine and vodka - yeast and different kinds of fermentation - workshops on making own beer and/or wine - trips to alcohol factories - alcohol in history
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - become familiar with production technology of alcohol - gain knowledge on chemical and biological aspect of alcohol - gain ability to produce own beer/wine
- Examination type:
- Written and practical exam summarizing the most essential informations presented to the participants during lectures and trips.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Accommodation in hostel belonging to Educational Center for Teachers in Gdansk. 2,3 and 4 person rooms with bathroom and WC.
- 3 meals during day, including 1 hot meal.
- Local public transport (trams, buses), national public transport (trains) and LBG members' cars.