This Summer the Care Bears are learning Material Science
Every era has as defining point one material: the Stone Age, Bronze Age , and Steel Age are examples of this. Materials science is one of the oldest forms of engineering and applied science, deriving from the manufacture of ceramics.
Nowadays, materials engineering is an interdisciplinary field involving the properties of matter and its applications to various areas of science and engineering. This science investigates the relationship between the structure of materials at atomic or molecular scales and their macroscopic properties.
We live in an era where the word "hi-tech" is often used; new materials have been discovered: alloys, polymers, hard magnets, semiconductors and many others.
- Fields of activity:
- Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- This course will cover the intermediate level of material science like: 1. Materials for Engineering 2. Crystalline Structure-Perfection 3. Crystal Defects and Noncrystalline Structure-Imperfection 4. Metals 5. Ceramics and Glasses 6. Polymers 7. Composites 8. Semiconductor Materials 9. Magnetic Materials 10. Materials Selection
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course is an introduction to material science for the future engineers in: aerospace, aeronautics, building of industrial machines , large use goods, informational technology and transport.
- Examination type:
- Practical and written examination.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will look for open and social people, interested in material science.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- The participants will be hosted in one of the best dormitories of "Transilvania" University campus. Rooms are with 4 beds and have their own shower/bathroom.
- 3 meals a day, 2 of them hot and one of the 2 home made.
- local means of transport.