MADterials... to the space and beyond!
MADterials... to the space and beyond!!!!!
It's the time to improve your skills. We are used to look without seeing, to eat without tasting, to hear without listening. It´s the time for you start to appreciate what is behind the curtain, to look further than your imagination. We want you to be Materialist!!!
How can you do it??? Learning from the BEST material families which make possible aerospace industry!! Working with high strength metals, polymers, ceramics, light metal alloys and composites to conquer the space and beyond!!
But is that enough for coming? We don´t think so, because we expect from you to give the 100% during the classes, we want you to destroy materials intensively, we invite you to discover Madrid, along the day and the night, the sun, the party, museums, the lovely people we are, the lovely people who will come with you, our wines, our spirit, our dances, our soul...
Apply NOW, live Madrid, discover and feel Carlinhos' spirit, live the Doblón party, taste our 'E'strongria and be prepared to live the city which never sleeps.
And remember why you should come, if materials are materialists? Are you going to be less?
Your event, your fun, our pleasure.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Industrial Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The course will present an overview of recent advances in materials science and engineering. It will be focused on structural materials, composites and polymers. Each topic will be structured as follows: an introduction to the structure and main characteristics, presentation of recent applications in different industrial areas, and processing techniques. Students will have to solve a materials problem ?in group- under the supervision of a tutor, for which they will have to do lab work using some of the most common characterization techniques. Finally, an oral presentation of the results of the work will be done.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Improve the knowledge in aerospace materials.
- Examination type:
- Oral presentation using slides.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth hostel in Madrid and youth hostel during weekend trips
- University and hostel´s canteen
- Public transport and maybe private buses for the weekend trips