Super Gear is Almost Here!
The course "Super Gear is Almost Here!" offers you a chance to improve your knowledge qualitative about metal materials, processing of metal and application for transport engineering.
Are you an engineer and are you looking for new experience? Are you interested in metal processing and do you want to find out something more about it? Can you cut a tin and make something usable from it? Do you like so hot parties like metal can melt there? Do you have an idea, how to make your own Super Gear? If you can answer YES at least to two questions, then don't hesitate and apply right now!
- Fields of activity:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Material science lecture, Laboratory of hardness testing , Manufacturing Engineering lecture, MasterCAM laboratory, visiting "Liepajas Metalurgs", Design of transport means lecture, visiting the educational centre for adults of Jelgava region, visiting "Tosmare Shipyard".
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students should increase the theoretical knowledge and practical skills using different teaching methods, which include lectures, practical work and company visits.
- Examination type:
- Writing and presentation of case study.
- ECTS credits issued:
- 1.5 (credits for all students)
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Students who are interested in the topic, like to play games with cars, haven't tried to lick a metal during the winter and who want to be waked up with Latvian song "Dzelzsgriezejs"!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel close to centre of Riga & guest house in Liepaja.
- Canteen and food cooked by the organizers.
- Riga public transport and walking