What goes around comes around - Renewable resources for sustainable production
Are you concerned about creating a sustainable way of life? Do you want to learn more about future and existing substitutes for products based on fossil fuels? Well sign up for Lund summer course 2006. During the course you will work in international groups, visit sites and industries and widen your knowledge in the field of renewable resources. Note: To apply to this course you need to have taken basic courses in microbiology, biochemistry, and chemical engineering.
- Content and topics:
- The course includes production of renewable raw materials, thermochemical, organochemical, biochemical and microbial conversion processes, process technology, fermentation technology, enzyme technology and systems biology; process design, processsimulation and systems analysis. The course includes lectures and independent literature studies, where students work in groups of three people. Site visits and study tours of relevant industries constitute obligatory elements.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course aims at introducing conversion processes for renewable resources to produce fuels, chemicals, materials, electricity and heat.
- Examination type:
- The examination is based on the completion of a literature study, which is reported in a paper and as an oral presentation.
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will stay in shared rooms at a dormitory close to the school.
- Participants will get breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee breaks every day.
- All transportation will be organized and paid by the organizers.