The Lord of the RIGS: The White Tower
Eleven Rings for the Elven Queens under the sky,
Eleven for Mortal Men to party hard till the morning light,
Two for the Dwarf orgs in their halls of stone,
One for the Main Organizer on his dark throne.
In the Land of Thessaloniki where the sun does shine.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Course to bring them all and in the Oil bind them
I feel it in the water.
I feel it in the Earth.
I smell it in the air.
Prepare yourselves 'cause Spring is coming and Thessaloniki is organizing the epic "The Lord of the RIGS: The White Tower".
Through lectures and practice you will understand why this magical liquid called oil is so valuable for the human race. You will learn how oil is formed in the ground, the basics of fractional distillation and you will have the amazing opportunity to visit the headquarters of one of the biggest oil companies in Greece. The experts will guide you through the process of oil production and introduce you to their own Middle-Earth!
So don't waste any more time! Be one of the most PRECIOUS participants who will have the chance to taste greek ouzo, enjoy the original "halara" spirit and eat tzatziki, in a city that never ever sleeps!
"Even the smallest person can change the COURSE of the future." - Galadriel, Lord of the Rings
- Fields of activity:
- Automotive Engineering , Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this event is to teach students how oil is formed in the ground, the basics of fractional distillation and also provide them with the opportunity to visit the headquarters of one of the biggest oil companies in Greece.
- Examination type:
- Written examination
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in the topic
- Answers to the questions (be innovative!)
- Motivation Letter (be creative!)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitories or hostel near the university campus
- Students' canteen, 3 meals per day
- Public transportation