Biomedical technologies: Come and heal the Manneken Pis
Are you studying biomedical engineering? or are you really interested into the topic? Do you mind what's happening in this wonderful field? Do you want to spend a really intense week in Brussels?
Then, come with us and discover some top biomedical techniques! The first day will consist in a seminar about biomedical business. Then, we will move to the technological point of view. On this part, we will focus on the stomach and see how to see it, touch it and stimulate it, with experts in the field.
Ah, let's not forget the funny part of it! You will also discover the charms of the heart of Europe. Come and see its beautiful old Grand Place, and maybe you will find out why people are so crazy about a little peeing boy: our Manneken Pis... By the way, how about tasting our delicious Belgian chocolate, or drinking some of the hundreds of kinds of beers that we have here in our small country?
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The course will be about business and state of the art techniques in biomedical. On the first academic day, we will go to the Biomed Day in Louvain-La-Neuve, a seminar about biomedical business. We will attend several conferences given by industrial specialists about intellectual property, public health, certifications, norms... the conferences will be followed by a campus visit, with labs and spin-offs. For the next three days, we will focus on state of the art techniques in biomedical. We will cover imagery, surgery and implants, a topic a day. To avoid being too large on those subjects, we will focus on the stomach with diagnostic endoscopy, operative endoscopy and gastric implants. Eventually, the fifth and last academic day will consist in a case study to allow you to put the subject into practice.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aims of the project are to improve students' awareness on biomedical business and state of the art techniques as well as to promote opportunities in biomedical engineering.
- Examination type:
- Case study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The participants will be selected on their motivation letters, knowledge in the field and answers to questions below.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or student dormitories
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. At least one hot meal per day.
- Public transportation (taken in charge by the organisation)