Country road take me home to the ECO energy source I belong
Have you ever visited farm or a company that use renewable energy sources?
Do you want to know how to make a difference, and how to do something good for our planet?
If your want to know how to be ECO friendly in agriculture for better rural development, then you probably want to know how does terms sustainable and renewable energy fit in all this.
Find out why they say that Novi Sad is the city that you have to visit.
Experience Novi Sad in its fullest! Drink rakija! Eat pljeskavica and see a romantic sunset on a centuries old fortress!
Have the BEST time with other participants and orgaNICErs!
Walk down pub alley where you have a different party at every step!
So apply and have the BEST time of your life!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Petroleum Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- -Ecology of rural areas; Territorial rural development and ecological competitiveness -The main issues of (un)sustainability of agriculture -Environmental awareness among students of agriculture -Renewable energy sources: state and perspectives -The importance of organic agriculture for sustainable development of rural areas; Greening of agriculture and agro ecological concept; development of ecological ideas in agriculture -Biomass as renewable energy source
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Goals of the course Renewable energy, sustainable technologies and rural development are: -To introduce the importance the issue of renewable energy and sustainable technologies in general -To emphasize the importance of sustainable solutions in rural development and agriculture -To reveal different renewable energy sources and different sustainable technologies, especially in food production -To present the most common problems in the use of renewable energy, most common bad practices that endanger the sustainability of agriculture and rural areas and the gap between legislation and usual practice in rural areas
- Examination type:
- At the end of the course, student will work together on a case study and they will try to estimate costs of biomass production and to calculate it. In the form of workshop and group work students will present their results.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select participants based on their motivation letters, answers to the questions. Also, we keep in mind diversity between countries and genders.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student's dormitory or a hostel.
- Three meals per day, one of them is cooked, provided by organizers.
- Taxi, bus, train, feet, provided by organizers.