Do you love water? Then you love me! :)
Do you know what you need the most to survive?
Bread? Nope. Beer? Nope, but you are closer :) Okay then, Ill help you: its water.
Water is aaaall around us. Three-quarters of the Earth's surface is covered with water, 60% of the human body, 90% of beer and 98% of the jelly fish is aaaaall water. Amazing, isnt it?
Hungary is not only famous for its goulash, palinka, paprika, Nobel prizes, Rubiks cube or the two Hummers in the Lake Balaton (check the photos, it was hilarious :P), but also for its hydrography :)
You can find here the worldwide phenomenon saline lakes; we have hot water to spare: you can find more than 1000 springs in the country :) We are proud that we have the second largest thermal lake in the world, yes, this is Lake Hévíz with its slightly radioactive water and the biggest lake in Central-Europe, you have must heard about the awesomeness of Lake Balaton :)
If you join us during the summer, you can experience the Hungarian water spirit:
- you will learn about saline lakes, visit some of them in the country, take samples and examine them in the lab of our university
- you will learn about the thermal waters and if you are lucky you can check their beneficent effects on the SPA tour we are going to take during the summer course ;P
- at the end we are gonna check the dirty side of water: you will learn about sewage treatment (the uni has awesome results in this field) and you can check how things work in practice: we will go to an oil refinery and see how they treat the sewage before the water gets back to river Danube.
So if you are ready to take this challenge, apply for our course :) Experience the BEST Spirit and the BEST water with the most handsome guys and cutest girls in Hungary :) Spend 9 days and 8 nights with us: have a siesta at the Hungarian sea, have fun, meet Aquaman (really!) in the water party!! You will LOVE us :)
Don't Be Shy! Just Apply! :)
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Participants will visit saline lakes, thermal water and sewage. They will collect samples and analyze them with microscopes and instruments in the labs.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give the participants an inside view about saline lakes that are otherwise hard to study in Europe. They will also be able to analyze and compare microorganisms from saline lakes, thermal water sewage in order to get a deeper understanding about one of the most important factors (water) in our planet.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on the motivation letter and the interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals per day, at least 1 is hot.
- Public transport