Energy - Our Collective Effort
Helsinki, the capital of Finland. The northern pearl of the Baltic sea, full of mystery and unspoken wisdom. Helsinki and Finland in general are known from their innovative energy solutions mostly spawning from the age-long problem of coping with the cold climate. The countrys reputation as the frontrunner of innovative applications is also visible in energy: How does for example heating buildings from waste heat from wastewater treatment or large-scale cooling of buildings in the summer without air conditioning sound? The Autumn Course will include teaching from one of our high-profile professors, not forgetting the fun: campus life, city rallying, wild parties with Salmiakki and Minttu, forest adventures and of course our famous sauna crawling. Get a great overview of innovative energy viewpoints and learn it from the BEST!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Energy from the viewpoint of different disciplines. Lectures, workshops, project working.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The participants will learn basics of innovative energy systems, renewable energy and the importance of knowledge from different disciplines such as sociology, law and economics in energy engineering applications.
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to the questions. We want motivated, innovative, fun people! Participants should find energy production, its challenges and related topics interesting. However, this is a basic course so no prior knowledge is required.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Dorms on the Otaniemi campus.
- Three times a day, at least one warm meal each day. Cooked by the organizers or lunch in school canteen.
- Walking, public transportation.