Mind your own business!
Do you have what it takes to become a (Gh)ENTREPRENEUR? Are you looking for some COMPANY this summer? Are you ready for a new (ad)VENTURE? Do you crave for your cup of STARTUP? (haha, we gave you some wordplays here)
Then don't hesitate to apply for this Summer Course in Ghent! The engineering department of Ghent University has its own branch that is specialized in entrepreneurship and we have assembled a team of teachers that is very motivated to make your dreams come true!
Ghent is located in the wonderful 'Belgium' aka the country of chocolate, beer, waffles and fries! We can't wait to let you taste all this heaven-made food/drinks and to show you our culture! Beware for the most legendary social activities (for example, the real original cantus, only to be seen in Belgium!) and get ready to meet some new friends!
Warning: Ghent is also the city of bikes so we will use them a lot! Some biking experience is a must :)
As our good friend Mark Zuckerberg once said "In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." So take the risk and write your motivation letter for this unforgettable Summer Course. We can't wait to see you :D
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Startup essentials from idea to company: creativity and innovation techniques, design thinking, prototyping, business model canvas, customer discovery, lean startup.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn how to go from idea to startup, how to validate your idea, how to get feedback from basic prototypes, how to work in team and experience the thrill of working at your own startup.
- Examination type:
- Pitch/Give a presentation about your startup idea
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions. We want open-minded, creative people with a passion for making their dreams a reality!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Shared sleeping rooms with camping beds.
- Three meals per day, at least one (or two) hot meals. Coffee breaks between lecture/class.
- We will take public transportation or ride bikes for about 10km a day. So some biking experience is a must!