Knights & Robots: A Transylvanian Tale
Hello dear squire! We are looking for someone to share in an adventure, do you think that you may be the right person?
If yes is your answer, then come. Enter in a fairy world, in the beautiful medieval city found in the Heart of Transylvania , enter Cluj-Napoca! Here you will find a world as you have never seen before, a world where kings fight each others using their self-programmed robots. A world where swords and arrows are replaced with sensors and motors.
So, tell me, do you face the challenge? Do you want to become one of the kings engineers? I know you do So what are you waiting for ? Apply!
What will you learn?
Basics of robotics concepts;
How to use sensors and motors;
Creating devices with your own hands.
Why to apply?
You have the possibility to see the former European Youth Capital;
You will meet new fun people, new future friends;
You will enter a medieval world, where you will find every beautiful aspect of a past-time Cluj Napoca;
Your life will be changed!
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering
- Content and topics:
- -Microcontrollers -Working with sensors: temperature, light, sound. -Visual project: detecting and counting specific objects (eg. Candies) using microcontrollers and sensors. -Motors: moving devices; -Speakers: controlling sound. -Presentation skills.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Nowadays, each engineer, regardless of his area of work, needs to know the basics of robotics. How does a sensor work? What is a microcontroller? How can you control sensors and motors using microcontrollers? This should be some questions on which each graduating student of a technical university should have an answer, or at least an idea of this topic. This courses goal is to make an image of how everything works, and to make students enjoy making small devices with their own hands.
- Examination type:
- Final project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the questions and interest in the topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student's dormitory
- Three meals per day: breakfast in dormitory and 2 hot meals
- Public transport