BeSmart: Shape The City
Hey you! Have you ever dreamt of changing the world? Are you ready to drive innovation and make a change in European cities? If the answers are both an astonishing "YES!!", come and spend 13 days with the most amazing people, and learn everything you need to get it done! How?! Thats easy! Be SMART and join us in this incredible OPORTOnity where you will learn how to approach a project on Smart Cities through multidisciplinary work, lectures and field trips in order to learn how to improve your own city and create a better place to live! Oh, but it's not all about the lectures... Work Hard, Party Harder is the motto for this course, so you should be ready for great new friendships from all around Europe, learn about Portuguese culture, and taste our delicious Francesinha and Port Wine! Just apply for the BEST experience of your life! We are waiting for you in Porto!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- This course aims to promote the active exchange of knowledge on Smart Cities. In order to achieve this goal, several activities such as lectures, thematic workshops and field trips will be arranged according with the students needs. It's intended to create opportunities for discussion, sharing, exchange of ideas and experiences on this subject.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students will get multidisciplinar knowledge about Smart Cities and everything that turns a Normal city into a Smart one.
- Examination type:
- Oral Presentation/Written Exam + Report
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter (interest in topic, city, and willingness to have fun and meet new people) and answer to questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- All the participants will be hosted on Hostel or University Residence.
- 3 meals per day, with at least one hot.
- Public transportation or occasionaly by foot.