Once upon a time 2.0 : Transmedia Storytelling
Everyday in our Facebook or Twitter feed appear posts about how to create relevant content that will help to improve a blog, brand, product etc. How so ? By capturing attention and generating social engagement. However what we often see are many isolated actions which are almost always used individually. Nowadays, modern technologies give us an easy solution to improve our way of creating content.
Let’s take the Harry Potter saga as example. Each volume is derived on various platforms. But each platform tells exactly the same story. Now, imagine how rich and interesting the world of Harry Potter could have been if each kind of media (web, audio, books, apps, fixed or animated pictures, virtual or augmented reality, etc.) had brought a new distinct element to the story. With all these modern technologies, we have the possibility to use the strengths of each and make them complementary in order to create a whole new world. This is called transmedia! We showed an example for literature but it can be used in many other fields such as marketing, education, architecture,... etc.
With us, learn how to use the power of Transmedia Storytelling to make your audience feel concerned, touched, captivated and participating.
If you want to
- Learn how Transmedia Storytelling works
- Learn about new media technologies as virtual and augmented reality
- Learn how to apply this by working on concrete projects in our Lab by using the Unity Framework
- Learn how to use technology and coding to enhance your creativity
- Taste real Belgian fries (not the french ones)
- Visit some of the most beautiful cities in Belgium
- Meet crazy and funny Belgians that will make you convinced Louvain-la-Neuve is THE place to be !
Then, don’t hesitate any longer! Write your motivation letter, take your laptop and come meet us !
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Multimedia and Communication Design , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- The course will consist in theoretical lessons in the morning and practical work in lab in the afternoon, with as goal to develop a project by groups of 4. Theoretical part will cover various topics linked to transmedia such as virtual/augmented reality, web/mobile technologies, user experiences, case studies, etc… During the practical part you will learn how to use Unity framework in order to design a project in transmedia.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn what transmedia is, how to tell a story through various media, create a project around transmedia storytelling.
- Examination type:
- Project Presentation and/or exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the questions, followed courses related to the subject, interest in the subject and in the Belgian student folklore, outgoingness, ability to deal with lack of sleep. Be fun and creative, show us you are willing to meet new people: give us a hard time choosing participants!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Individual student rooms
- We provide breakfast and two meals a day (lunch & dinner), at least a hot one per day.
- We will be mainly walking but we'll use the train, as well as the bus and the car.