You used to call me on my CELL-phone
Have you ever thought what your body consists of?
Have you ever wondered the incredible structure of DNA?
Do you want to make your own mutant?
Have you ever heard GMO? ( You probably ate before)
If you thought about these before, you probably should come to IZMIR in this Autumn.
You will learn all these answers in IZMIR!
This Autumn, we invite you to discover our bodies’ amazing structure! You can come and learn DNA’s amazing world. DNA is stored as a code made up of four bases. These are; adenine (A), guanine(G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T). Human DNA consists of about 3 billion bases, and more than 99 percent of these bases are the same in all people. The order or sequence of these bases determines the information for building and maintaining an organism, similar to the way in which letters of the alphabet appear in certain order to form words and sentences.
On the other hand, you will have the chance to visit our beautiful city, IZMIR. Also, you can taste our traditional foods, meeting Turkish people and learning our culture, too.
If you want to do all of them, we are looking forward to meeting you to IZMIR!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- In this course, you will learn consists of the cells, the structure of the DNA, transcription of the DNA, how to print 3D cells.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is to provide basic engineering and gene engineering knowledge to students and give the developments in biochemical industry/biotechnology.
- Examination type:
- Presentation, case study, written or oral exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter + Answer the Questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Dormitory/Hostel/Organizer's home
- Three meals per day, at least one cooked and hot.
- By foot+Public Transportation