Have you ever dreamt about designing your own yacht? Here comes a course where you actually learn how to do it!
Local BEST Group Gothenburg is looking for students with a genuine interest in yachts and will to learn something new. And what place could be better to do that than on the West Coast of Sweden with a stunningly beautiful archipelago and a long tradition in building boats, from the time of the Vikings to the present day!
Wanna explore the mistress who twists, turns, floods and ebbs? Start your journey with us, learn to design your own yacht and have fun doing that.
What are you waiting for? APPLY!
- Fields of activity:
- Naval Architecture & Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Design methodology, Stability, Hull design, Keel and rudder, Sail and rig, Balance, Rig construction, Hull construction, ISO rules, Layout.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The student will be introduced to all aspects of the design of a sailing yacht.
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to activity related questions and academic background.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student accommodation
- There will be at least 3 meals per day and at least one meal will be hot. Meals will be cooked by LBG Gothenburg members.
- Public transport.