3Dinner: How it's Made
Have you ever thought about inventing your own food? Or getting a glimpse of what the laboratory of a food scientist looks like? Now you have the greatest opportunity to do so and even more!
During the 8-day course in Kaunas you will learn how food can be created with a 3D printer, get to know the basics of 3D food printing and food structure design. You will develop skills in technology for new higher value product development. You will understand why 3D food printing is considered a groundbreaking technology, the scale of its potential and develop a food product that can have a positive effect on human health and well-being.
You will also exchange your ideas with international students from all across Europe in the European Capital of Culture!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Biomedical Engineering , Food Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Biology
- Content and topics:
- Main principles of a successful new product development; Most promising idea generation for a food prototype; Health-promoting bioactive compounds; Food product positive effect on human health and well-being; Potential of 3D food printing.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To provide knowledge about 3D food printing and food structure design and to develop skills in applying this technology for new higher value/functional product development.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on the Motivational Letter and the answers to the Custom Questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals a day, of which at least one is hot (cooked)
- Public transport and on foot (transportation during event will be provided free of charge)