Experience Biomedical Engineering
This summer course will show how engineering can contribute to medicine. A mix of theory lectures, lab sessions, visits to medical departments will give a fascinating and hands-on experience of biomedical technology. The historic town Leuven, with its renowned University hospital (Belgium's largest) and of course home of Stella Artois, provide the perfect setting for the course.
- Fields of activity:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Biomedical engineering in general and an introduction to the following topics: Biomechanics, Biomaterials, Biosensors, Signals, Imaging, Revalidation, Tissue Engineering.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Provide a broad view on the topic of biomedical engineering and its practical applications
- Examination type:
- Written examination
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to questions on the application form. Also diversity of the group will be sought.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Sleeping facilities with individual beds and access to a shower. Possibly camping in the weekend.
- Self-cooked by the organisers
- Mostly by bicycle and also by public transport and cars of the organizers