Baking Bread: the cooking chemistry
Have you ever wondered how the bread increases in volume with baking powder?
Have you ever wondered why the eggs explode in the microwave?
Have you ever wondered why the green vegetable cooked in an uncovered pot maintains its color better?
Have you ever wondered why sometimes the surface of the tea shines in rainbow colors?
Would you like to learn how not to cry while cutting onions?
Would you like to know why there is a pellicle on the surface of the heated milk?
These are all chemical and physical processes that take place during food processing that modify and transform it.
The awesome chefs of BEST Rome will teach you what is happening inside the food in order to control and implement it in a more creative way. You will learn more about how molecular cuisine was born and you will understand what happens during the most simple tasks in the kitchen!
So be prepared to come to the Eternal City to discover the secrets of cooking and use your talent to become the most famous chef in Rome! :)
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Learn chemical and physical processes behind cooking
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Knowledge acquisition about chemical and physical processes that take place while cooking.
- Examination type:
- Case Study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals per day, at least one hot
- Public transportation