Coastbusters: Roll me over on the Harbour
If there is something strange
In your sea
Who ya gonna call
One day the waters were withdrawn, a massive wave was seen on the horizon and all the alarms were ringing like hell. But, what if the alarams wouldnt work? How does a tiny, weak wave become a tsunami? And How can we protect ourselfs?
If you wanna know the answers and more, you should apply for the BEST course ever! Youll have an unforgettable summer with the participants coming from all around Europe in Marmaris! Yes you heard it right! LBG Ankara is NOT in Ankara, AGAIN! This August, something weird will happen under the Agean sea and were all going to chase the mystery of it out!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- -Oceans, and Marine Environment -Waves from deep sea to the coast -Marine life -Coastal cities and benefits from the sea -Hydro-meteorological events -Marine Hazards -Coastal Flooding -Coastal Defense structures -Societal Preparedness -Structural Resilience -Early warning -Mitigation strategies
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Vision of the Summer Course: -To take account of the ethical, social, cultural, environmental and economic aspects of the profession related to coastal environment with lectures and enjoyable training activities. -To transfer and share the experience and accumulation of knowledge for the benefit of humanity. Mission of the Summer Course: -To provide an enjoyable education in the areas related to marine environment and coastal utilization. -Considering international standard and dimension, to conduct training according to the needs of human and conservation of nature. -To share and disseminate expert knowledge for understanding and solution of marine problems.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hotel or hostel
- 3 meals/day, at least one of them will be served hot
- Walking, bus etc.