Feel the energy...Life is ON!
Did you know you can get energy from a cow’s fart? And from its hair?
Did you know you can use a revolving door to produce energy?
Would you like to know how much do you have to pedal on a stationary-bike to produce enough energy to cook a pizza?
Or how much should your little cousin play in the swing to charge your mobile phone?
There is a problem! we don’t have enough cows, nor revolving doors… that is why we use nuclear power stations, wind turbines, and many other fascinating technologies! Let’s discover how far mankind has gone with these inventions, how we can optimize those spark generation machines and how to take advantage of waterfalls, sunbeams, and Plutonium atoms!
As the genius Albert Einstein said: «Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another» and that's what you're going to learn in our course! The energy obtained by daily working will change into party energy during the night! If you’re ready to experience the energy production, our legendary spirit, meeting crazy people coming from every corner of Europe, eating sublime food and tapas in the Old Capital of the Spanish Empire, in which the Sun was always at its top, and enjoying what the organisers have prepared for you... then, challenge the laws of physics and come to create energy with us!
See you in the incredible and amazing Valladolid! :)
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Optics/Optometry , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Energy production and energy efficiency
- Learning goals and objectives:
- -Learn about the main processes of energy generation and understand the bases of them. -Make known many different models of energetic efficiency -Learn about the automatization applied in this field. -Know the new trends in researching about energy generation and energetic efficiency.
- Examination type:
- Case study, show active participation during lectures, and presentation or written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the questions and being an open minded and social person, interested in the topic and with a lot of ENERGY to rock the BEST course ever done!! :D
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel with swimming pool
- Hostel and university canteens. At least one hot meal per day
- By bus and walking