A Tissue for Your Issue
Are you looking for an OUT OF THIS WORLD summer experience? Then you're on the RIGHT summer course page!
Have you ever dreamed of being a hero who saves the world? Are you passionate about the subject of tissue engineering? Have you ever thought of working with the latest biomedical equipment and a crew of highly-skilled and dedicated professors? If the answer to these questions is an enthusiastic 'yes', then our course, “A Tissue for Your Issue”, is what you’re looking for.
Probably the BEST city in Romania, Bucharest is doubtlessly ready to show you the well-known national hospitality and its joyful spirit as well as the less known aspects of it: crazy nightlife, amazing architecture, affordable and tasty traditional food and many other cool experiences waiting for you to discover them.
Not only will you gain lots of knowledge in this skyrocketing developing field of study but you will also have the unique opportunity to dive into the core of our traditions and live the BEST days of your existence together with your future comrades from all over the Europe.
Sounds pretty good, if you ask us.
Mark Twain used to say: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do”. So do your older self a favor and join us for this course that you will not forget!
Do NOT miss your BEST chance of spending an EXTRAORDINARY summer in one of Europe's hidden gems and learning how to SAVE THE WORLD/BE A HERO!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Materials Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Pharmacy
- Content and topics:
- Theory about biomaterials - synthesis, desired properties, medical applications; synthesizing tissue membranes; testing and evaluating these products' properties by multiple and diverse means; working with state-of-the-art biomedical equipment;
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course aims to provide basic and more in-depth knowledge about Tissue Engineering - a new, still developing field of study and activity, by tackling theoretical and practical aspects in regard to the synthesis, the properties and the use of biomaterials in it.
- Examination type:
- Team project with final presentation or written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, interest in the topic and answers to our questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students' dormitories next to our University
- Three meals per day, at least one of them warm
- Public transportation during the stay in Bucharest and a private bus for the weekend trip