Factory of the Future, full of Intelligence
In future, production platforms will dynamically adapt to market changes with a minimum of human
involvement. Therefore, devices and machines should be able to collaborate and automatically
reconfigure to meet evolving production needs and achieve rapid product changeover. This BEST course
provides an overview on technologies related to the concept of industrial intelligent ambient in order to
build the Factory of the Future.
Furthermore, you will explore Tampere and the surroundings, experience sauna, never ending summer nights and have the full experience of student life in the greatest student town in Finland.
- Content and topics:
- Distributed automation systems Manufacturing control using multi-agent systems Industrial wireline and wireless networks Formal modeling and 3D simulation
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The objectives for the course are: To provide an overview of the current challenges and trends in European factories To introduce the industrial intelligent ambient concept and the vision of the Factory of the Future To introduce the technologies leading to the Factory of the Future including: distributed automation and intelligence; industrial wireline and wireless networks; digital factories via 3D emulation
- Examination type:
- Each student will produce an individual course portfolio including: lecture notes, relevant readings, laboratory exercises, case studies, etc.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Students of technology, open motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student hostel (3 big rooms)
- Breakfast in the dormitory - Lunch in the canteen - Dinner in the dormitory/ restaurant/ barbeque - Supper/ Snacks available in the dormitory
- Public transportation when needed