The Man on the Moon, An Odyssey in Space Engineering
The BEST Summer Course 2011, "The Man on the Moon, an Odyssey in Space Engineering" is a course in technology that will study the possibility of a crewed space station on the moon's surface.
There will also be a strong cultural and social component to complement the academic part of the course, where you can visit the most fascinating locations in the Lisbon metropolitan area.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Biology , Civil Engineering , Geology , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- - Introduction to Astrophysics - Resource Management - Alternative Energy Solutions - Aeronautics - Biology/Medicine - the human being in a Lunar Environment - Architecture - Civil Engineering - Solutions for lunar construction - Astrobiology
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Achieving introductory knowledge in all topics regarding aeronautical and space engineering.
- Examination type:
- Oral presentation of the course projects.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- We will be staying at the University's Students dorm. Bring your sleeping bag because you'll need it.
- The meals will either be at the Faculty´s canteen or provided by the organizers.
- All the transportation in the SC activities will be provided by the organizers.