We made a monster, you make it move!
Do you like animated 3D movies and/or video games? Have you ever wondered what is necessary to make 3D characters move? Would you like to make them move how you want to? If the answer is yes, this is the course you want to take this autumn! :)
Here you will learn how to set up a 3D model so it can be animated, how to set up controls that are used during the animation process, and finally how to animate using keyframes. The result of this course will be your own short animated movie, so you can show everybody what you have learned.
Are you interested to see city of Maribor and most beautiful parts of Slovenia in our awesome weekend trip that we are planning for you? You will also have the opportunity to see the oldest vine on the Earth.
What are you waiting for? Apply and have greatest time of your life during these 9 days! :)
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- - Cinema 4D interface introduction and 3D animation in general. - Setting up joints and binding them to the mesh. - Adjusting influence of joints on the mesh. - Creating control objects, and connecting them to the joints. - Keyframe animation and rendering.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - Brief history of 3D animation. - Learning the basic techniques in character animation. - Understanding the animation process from start to finish. - Making of short animation video independently.
- Examination type:
- Project and presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and interest in the topic, application questions, crazy spirit! :)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students dormitory.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot.
- By foot, public transportation.