We are what we eat. Technology in the agri-food sector
Technology affects our daily life. It isn't shocking that it also has an influence in our food and drinks.
Everyone eats right? Can you imagine all the work that's behind the agri-food sector? How much money does the food sector move? Money means Investment that translates into Work!
Since crops are harvested until we get the final product, food has been modified by many different processes created and manoeuvred by engineers. Engineers that innovate so that we can get a tasty, inexpensive, and quality dish.
Can't wait to meet those engineers? But most of all are you ready to become one of them?!!
Come to Madrid's summer course "We are what we eat. Technology in the agri-food sector" and spend 16 awesome days learning how food is processed and how all types of engineering can contribute to this aim.
BEST Madrid is looking for students who are interested in learning about the agri-food sector, who want to become the next Louis Pasteur or James Prescott Joule (Thanks to them we have tasty yoghurt and scrumptious beer!) Is that you? Then go and apply for this amazing Summer Course!
But becoming a participant will also give you the chance to discover such an incredible city as Madrid, dive into our Spanish culture (sun, tapas, chupito and sangria) and meet the craziest friends all over Europe. Does the word "fiesta" mean anything to you? Madrid Summer Course 2008 is the best chance FOR YOU to learn in interesting classes and visits, enjoy 16 amazing days in the heart of Spain, meet great friends and have the time of your life.
To top it all we'll have 2 amazing trips: One to Burgos, with its famous cathedral. The other will be to Andalucia; one of the most famous regions in the world, we'll go to Granada to see the Alhambra and also a whole day at the beach!IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEPARTURE DAY: Departure day we will be coming back from a trip so please book your flights after 16.00. Alternatively you can choose to make your departure from Granada or Malaga during departure day.
- Content and topics:
- Heating technology, cooling technology, system of decision supporting, wine production, milk manufacturing and more.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn how different technologies take part in the food processing chain: temperature measurements, electromagnetism influence, etc… In order to achieve this there will be classes in different schools, visits to laboratories and also to food processing plants (milk, wine, cereals…)
- Examination type:
- Test exam and obligatory attendance to the lectures
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students' accommodation and youth hostel (for the trips)
- At the students' dorm, faculties' canteens, restaurants and picnic
- Metro and bus in Madrid, coach for trips out of the city